NAEPS MEMBER BENEFITS:
- Quality continuing medical education through the NAEPS Annual Fall Scientific Meeting and the Annual Spring Coding and Compliance Seminar. Discounted meeting tuition rates for NAEPS members.
- Continuing education for office technical staff at the Fall Symposium For Ophthalmic Medical Personnel. Discounted member tuition rates for office staff who are employees of NAEPS members.
- Continuing education for office staff at the Spring Coding and Compliance seminar. Discounted member tuition rates for office staff who are employees of NAEPS members.
- Continuous monitoring by NAEPS staff, lobbyist and key contacts on state and federal legislative issues affecting the practice of ophthalmology, practice management issues, Medicare reimbursement and other issues affecting ophthalmology. Legislative lobbying on issues affecting the practice of ophthalmology in the state of Nebraska.
- Listing in the NAEPS online physician directory with physician photo, office address and phone, link to practice website, education, brief biography. Public visitors to the website are able to search for a member ophthalmologist by city and by subspecialty.
- Complimentary practice logo and link to member’s website from the NAEPS website public area.
- Access to the secure area of the NAEPS website for communication, calendar of events, message board, physician directory, online meeting registration, etc..
- Receipt of the NAEPS VISION newsletter, a quarterly publication.
- Representation at the American Academy of Ophthalmology through Nebraska AAO Councilor and NAEPS Executive Director.
- To represent the interests of Nebraska ophthalmologists before state policy makers and to maximize influence on public policy decisions.
- To provide quality continuing medical education for ophthalmologists and their technical and office staff in the state of Nebraska.
- To become the initiators of both legislative and regulatory action aimed at affecting the practice and delivery of ophthalmic services.
- To provide education and resources to Nebraska ophthalmologists regarding coding and reimbursement issues, practice management and risk management.
- To act as a unifying force for all ophthalmologists in the state of Nebraska.
- To be an advocate for ophthalmic health issues and to improve the ocular health of Nebraskans.